I have had a relationship with my friend for 5 yrs now. I…

Customer Question
I have had a relationship...
I have had a relationship with my friend for 5 yrs now. I needed a car in 2006 and was approved for a loan with a dealship. The dealship decided to put the car in their name because the interest rate was much lower. My question is they dont drive and i have paid all cost for eveything on the car( insurance, maint, taxes ect.) in the five years. Now in jan I lost my job and they decided to withdraw money from 401k and pay the car off. Since that time I have maintained everything as i did before. on the car. Do iIhave any rights to claim this car, by way of the legal system and put this car in my name. Since I've paid over 20,000 dollars on this car and still drive it to work everyday. I would still be paying on the car, but they will not give me any rights to the car in way of my name on the title too. Can you tell e waht i can do from this point?
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Legal
6/14/2010
Lawyer: HPlawyer, Attorney replied 8 years ago
HPlawyer
HPlawyer, Attorney
Have you tried talking to your friend about transferring the title to your name?
The car had a balance in amount of 15,000 and he paid it. Then he decided to pay the car off and give it to his son. ( He wasn't planing to tell my what is plan. I just walked in on the conversation with his son) The son doesn't want it and now my friend wants the balance of 15,000 dollars plus intesrt before he will let me have the car. I want to leave and he said he would have me arrested for taking the car. What can I do now?