what should I do if DMV cancel my license due to bounced check.

Customer Question
Got notified about the check...
what should I do if DMV cancel my license due to bounced check. Got notified about the check Thursday, mailed the money order Friday and got the mail Saturday saying "your license is cancelled!!
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Legal
6/14/2010
Lawyer: Alexia Esq., Managing Attorney replied 8 years ago
Alexia Esq.
Alexia Esq., Managing Attorney

Hi Jacustomer,

You need to go to DMV and see if they received the money order. If so, you willl still want to go there because there will likely be a reinstatement fee to reinstate your licence (they get you every which way they can). You can check if your MO was negotiated prior to going, so you can present proof that the DID get your MO, then ask what else they need to reinstate.

Good luck.

Hope this helps to clarify. If it does, please click ACCEPT and follow up if needed after you do so. If you need more detail, please click Reply, not ReList and I will gladly respond. Also, if you exceeded the one question one answer standard, and the expert provided you with answers to your additional questions, BONUS is an appreciated way of saying thank you! This expert's credit proceeds go towards providing volunteer provisions for the disabled. Thank you for helping!

I believe I have answered your question and I hope you a better understanding of your legal issue as a result. As you know, I am only the messenger, not your attorney, nor can I create favorable law if it doesn't exist, so please don't hold it against me if the legal result is not what you wish. ACCEPTING the Answer a so ensures I will be able to assist your with your future legal question. In addition, Positive "FEEDBACK" and BONUSES are also appreciated. If you would like my assistance in the future, just put my name, STEPHANIE JOY, in your title or first sentence of a new post. Please keep in mind that I can only respond to your post and the information contained in it, as I do not know what you know unless you describe it fully. Also, due to site tech reasons, oftentimes I am initially only able to see the first part of your post, so I apologize in advance if it means more interactions between us. At times, there can also be a delay of an hour or more in between my answers because I may be helping other customers or taking a break, or if it is late at night, I may have to go get some shut eye til morning, but rest assured, I'll be back for you. Thanks

Sincerely,

S. Joy, Legal Expert

My Standard and Required Legal Disclaimer. The information given by me here is not legal advice. You should not and may not rely on anything on this website as legal advice and you agree that the nominal price you may voluntarily pay for information here clearly does not pay for any legal advice. I am neither establishing nor accepting an attorney-client relationship with you. You must hire an attorney in your state as a matter of law, in order to receive legal advice and attorney/client relationship and rights. I do not claim to be licensed to practice in the state where this information is being provided or whose law would apply, if any. My licensing credentials are noted in my profile, which you have full access to. As law is always changing, you are recommended to consult with the appropriate legal counsel in your jurisdiction for accurate and complete information. Thank you, XXXXX XXXXX a great day.

Alexia Esq.
Alexia Esq., Managing Attorney

Thanks. So it is not a mistake? I thought they at least give me some time to respond.

They ask me to mail back my license. Should I do it? Or should I wait after I go to DMV?

I'd get that MO confirmation that they have the money, then go down there in person and ask about how to reinstate. It is probably not a mistake - they have the power of the 'revoke' button and love to press it, because everytime they do, they get fees when you seek to reinstate.