I was in a car accident recently. I was stopped at a red light…

Customer Question
I was in a car...
I was in a car accident recently. I was stopped at a red light and a driver hit me from behind. He driver admitted he was at fault. I have a moderate case of whiplash and have been in therapy for the past 7 weeks. What amount is a fair compensation? They offered a max of $1300 and I don't think that's a fair amount.
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Legal
6/14/2010
Lawyer: Sam, Attorney at Law replied 8 years ago
Sam, Attorney at Law

hi

such compensation is based on the "norm" for your county which i would have no way of knowing.

i don't know why anyone would want to proceed in these matters without legal representation when there is so much at state - for instance, you could have serious medical bills in the future, so you want to be sure that you are compensated in that regard.

i suggest that you consult with a local Personal Injury lawyer who will work on a contingency basis taking only an agreed upon percentage of whatever settlement you would get. therefore, there is no out of pocket to you - other than for filing fees or photocopies of something, etc

if you need help locating such an attorney you can contact the PA Bar Association - here is the contact information