We always get paid for Memorial Day. On Fri (the day we were…

Customer Question
We always get paid for...
We always get paid for Memorial Day. On Fri (the day we were to get our pay) we were told they can't afford it (it is in our handbook and we've always got paid) Is that legal/ They also told us not to cash our checks until Mon cause they would bounce. What can I do?
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Legal
6/14/2010
Lawyer: Michael J., Esq., Lawyer replied 8 years ago
Michael J., Esq.
Hello -

Thank you for contacting JustAnswer. My name is Michael; I look forward to helping you with your legal problem today.

It is not illegal to pay you Monday instead of Friday. If the check bounces on Monday, then you may have something to worry about, but I would wait until then before exploring legal options.

Good luck,

If my answer was helpful, please click ACCEPT so I may be compensated for my time. If you are not satisfied with the Answer, please feel free not to Accept, and post a follow up question so I may be able to clarify my Answer. My goal is to provide an outstanding Answer, so give me a chance.

Regards,

Michael