In Pennsylvania, concerning PennDOT issued photo identification…

Customer Question
In Pennsylvania, concerning PennDOT issued...
In Pennsylvania, concerning PennDOT issued photo identification cards (not drivers licenses, just ID cards), the ID expires after four years.

Is a new picture required to renew the ID, or can the four year old picture be used for an additional four years on a renewal?
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Legal
6/14/2010
Lawyer: Ray, Lawyer replied 8 years ago
Ray, Lawyer
Thanks for your question.You have to go to have picture taken here.Here are the steps for online renewal.

Online Renewal

To process your ID renewal online:

1. Log onto the PennDOT Online Driver and Vehicle Services website.
  2. Type the number from your current photo ID card in the space provided at the online site.
  3. Provide your date of birth and the last four digits of your Social Security number.
  4. Review the data shown in the online system for your ID card. If your address, telephone number, or name has changed since the ID card was issued, fill in the updated information in the applicable sections on the screen
  5. Visit an authorized PennDOT service or photo center to have your photo taken.
  6. Sign the card at the authorized service or photo center and you are finished.