My partner has stated he wants out of partnership.I also want…

Customer Question
My partner has stated he...
My partner has stated he wants out of partnership.I also want out and expressed I want to keep company. He has been detrimental to company. I run day to day operations. He sells and set s up jobs. Poorly . He refuses to hand over contracts so jobs can be completed.What is my recourse?
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Legal
6/14/2010
Lawyer: Ellen, Lawyer, Consultant replied 8 years ago
Ellen, Lawyer, Consultant

I am the JustAnswer expert that will be helping you today. I am a lawyer with 25 years experience. Although I am not your attorney, I hope that I can give you helpful legal information.

You can consider filing a partition action to force the sale/division of the partnership.

A partition action exists when an asset is owned by two or more people who are in disagreement over the sale or management of it. It involves filing a court action requesting that the court order the forced sale or division of the property.