I was arrested on a felony charge. The charge was reduced…

Customer Question
I was arrested on a...
I was arrested on a felony charge. The charge was reduced as evidence of my innocents was presented. I was then charged with a class b misdemeanor in which I served deferred ajudication. I had the felony arrest expundged and the misdeanor was granted a non-disclosure.
Will these show up on an employment background check? How do I answer the question on the application about being convicted or serving deferred adjudication?
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Legal
6/13/2010
Lawyer: Loren, Attorney replied 8 years ago
Loren, Attorney
My experience has been that even expunged cases will show up on background checks. I have no authority other than my experience with other clients. I do not know what database the background checks use, but they seem to turn up everything that the applicant has ever been charged with. The most important thing is not to lie to the prospective employer. When you try to hide something (even if expunged) it becomes much more difficult to explain when it looks as if you lied.