i have no clue how to go about changing my childs last name…

Customer Question
i have no clue how...
i have no clue how to go about changing my child's last name to his real fathers last name. i also dont have much money, so how to i go about this?
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Legal
Answered in 1 minute by:
6/13/2010
Lawyer: Ellen, Lawyer, Consultant replied 8 years ago
Ellen, Lawyer, Consultant

It is a simple process to change a minor's name. You can go to a law library and copy the forms at no charge or purchase them on line. Here is one site: http://www.the-law-store.com/gennamchanki1.html

Once you have the forms completed, bring them to the clerk of the court's office in the county where the child lives. The clerk can assist you with the filing.To prevail in the action you will need to show the judge good cause why you have not been able to obtain the father's permission and why it is in your child's best interest to change his name.

Best wishes.