I reside in North Carolina. I was recently let go from my contract…

Customer Question
I reside in North Carolina...
I reside in North Carolina. I was recently let go from my contract assignment with a major bank. While I was on assignment there were some racist remarks made to me by my manager in which I didnt not report to HR. I didn't feel like it was much I could do considering I was an contractor. I believe I was let go due to my race. I want to proceed with legal action to ensure this bank does not continue racisit practices.
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Legal
Answered in 1 minute by:
6/13/2010
Lawyer: Kim Courtney,
 replied 8 years ago
Kim Courtney
Hello, I am happy to assist you today.

Unfortunately, you will have a tough fight if you want to pursue this. I certainly understand your frustration and disappointment, but you would actually have to prove that they let you go because of race. This is so tough to prove.

The reality is that you were an employee at will, so they could fire you at any time for any reason, or no reason at all.

I hope this helps,
Kimberly

I figured that. My boss made some racist comments to me using the N word. I knew this would probably be the case and thats why I did not report this to HR. It would be my word against his and I figured they would just let me go because I was a contractor. I just dont want anyone else to experience racism and If I can do something about it I will.

It's more to the story than what I'm stating here. My contract was abruptly terminated and I didn't get a chance to file a two weeks notice. I felt that I was harrassed constantly at work and my working environment was unbearable at times. I wrote an email to my boss at the time as well as I sent it to my recruiter stating the problem. I'm not sure but comments using the N word and saying other deragatory things should not be tolerated. I'm not out for a money grab I'm about to stop this racism.