An official transcript from a national board exam I have taken…

Customer Question
An official transcript from a...
An official transcript from a national board exam I have taken under nonstandard conditions (for a disability; well documented) will have on it: Not taken under standard conditions (or something to that nature). They are not listing under what conditions or why, but future employers ask for this "official" transcript. They will not know what disability i have, but they will know that I have one in order to be able to take the exam under nonstandard conditions.

I feel like my rights are being violated and I am worried about my application being tossed aside despite numerous achievements outside of standardized testing.
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Legal
6/13/2010
Lawyer: Ray, Lawyer replied 8 years ago
Ray, Lawyer
Thanks for your question.All you can do here is be open about your disability.Honestly I do not see this as that big a deal.You passed and that is the important thing.The employer is forbidden from discriminating so if you feel you get turned down here on this basis you woudl have rights to file lawsuit.They have the right here legally to note this, all you can do really is deal with it if it comes up.Hopefully you find an employer that feels like you are a special asset and have unique qualities to overcome your disabilities.
Thank your for your answer. I am preparing my personal statement to show my disability as a strength rather than a disadvantage. However, I feel that I am being forced to disclose this medical history about myself and is violating HIPAA. I do know that they do not give the Official transcript to anyone, I have too. However, I am being forced too. A person just looking at me would never know I have this learn disability. I have earned a PhD in organic chemistry (mult. publications) and I am now finishing medical school. Leaving my future up to the kindness and understanding of strangers after such a long road is unsettling. I of course hope that it will not be an issue. But how will I know if the residency spots I don't get (all hypothetically speaking) aren't discriminating against me. This situation seems to strip me of any advantage i have and leave it all up to them. I feel that this is unjust.
Lawyer: Ray, Lawyer replied 8 years ago
I here you.If you got special assistance here they can list it.And I can tell you there are people/companies that will overlook this.I have three children all with learning disabilities you can overcome this.You are an exceptional person and they will see this.My congratulations for all that you have overcome.