im from michigan. just got a ticket for speeding. the officer…

Customer Question
im from michigan. just got...
im from michigan. just got a ticket for speeding. the officer said she had a lazer on me,and it read that i was doing 80 mph. i told her i was on cruse control at @ 72 mph. she wrote the ticket to me for 75mph in a 70 mph zone. should I just pay the ticket or disagree it in court. if so what are my chances of the ticket being dropped. I have a very good drivivg record. my name is XXXXX XXXXX
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Legal
6/13/2010
Lawyer: Dwayne B., Attorney replied 8 years ago
Dwayne B.
Dwayne B., Attorney
There are some way of beating tickets, but you really don't know if they're going to work until you actually get there. If you contest it, file a pre-trial discovery motion and ask for a copy of the operators manual for the laser and a copy of all calibration and/or repair records for that exact "gun". Occasionally you can find a gun that hasn't been calibrated according to the manufacturer's recommendation, or that has been into the repair shop a lot of times. Also ask for a copy of the video showing the entire incident.

Also, occasionally an officer won't show up for trial and you can get a ticket dismissed, but in most places the judge will give them at least one continuance.

Your real problem is that you admitted, likely on tape, that you were going 72 which is a violation. The judge may just fine you for that amount, but in most places 72 and 75 have the same amount of fine.

Thank you for allowing me to assist you. I believe I have answered all of the questions you asked so I would request that you please click the ACCEPT button so I receive credit for my work and leave feedback if you have a chance. Please consider clicking "BONUS" as a nice way of saying "thanks" for a job well done, although this is neither required nor expected. Please remember that we can only base our answers on the information you provide and sometimes a misunderstanding as to what you are looking for or already know occurs so feel free to ask additional questions. Please be aware that my answer is not legal advice, it is merely information. You should always contact a local attorney for legal advice.

Several customers have asked how they direct a question to me in particular. If you specifically want me to provide information for you just put “FOR JD 1992” in the subject line and I will pick up the next time I am online.