how can a full protective order be broken without anyone getting…

Customer Question
how can a full protective...
how can a full protective order be broken without anyone getting arrested
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Legal
6/13/2010
Lawyer: Dimitry K., Esq., Attorney replied 8 years ago
thank you for your question.

There are two ways. First is when the person who took out the protective order consents to removal of the order and permits the other party to see that party once the order is lifted. Second, if the party who has the order on them has his or her attorney contact the victim. Anything else--direct contact specifically--can and does become a situation where the person breaking the order can get arrested.

Good luck.

Edited by Dimitry Alexander Kaplun on 6/13/2010 at 3:24 AM EST
what if the person has already came to my house and police know about this and they also want to arrest me for letting him go their also would it make any differance if we got married.
I am sorry, I do not understand the situation.

Who has the order out on whom?
my boyfriend has been told not to go near me or talk to me
That is correct--if there is a restraining order out on you against him, the only way he can talk to you is if you go back to court and formally remove it. Otherwise he will be arrested and not even marriage can break the order--as married people have been known to take out restraining orders out on each other when warranted.

Good luck.

Edited by Dimitry Alexander Kaplun on 6/13/2010 at 3:51 AM EST