How can I get help with complaints against Riverside County…

Customer Question
How can I get help...
How can I get help with complaints against Riverside County Sheriffs? They broke into my house to beat and harrass me on 2 occasions. (no complaints or arrests were written) This month I wa sexually harrassed by one of them. Vandalism was invoved in both home invasions. I have ADT tapes of them. Surgery was necessary; more is needed. Irene Ordon
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Legal
6/12/2010
Lawyer: MShore, Attorney replied 8 years ago
MShore
MShore, Attorney
Thank you for the post Irene, I am deeply sorry to hear about the police abuse you experienced. From your description, coupled with the evidence to support your claim, you have a very viable claim against the county for the actions of its officers.
MShore
MShore, Attorney

Does this case require filing in an other county? How do I find a civil liberty type attorney? a good litigator? Is there a time limit? What if I don't know the officers' names ... they and their watch commander lied? Can I get restraining orders against certain officers?

Yes, I would like responses from others.

Hello, you would file in the county where the action took place. You would retain a civil rights attorney. The time limit is known as the statute of limitations, the applicable statute of limitations is determined by the state wherein you wish to sue. In what state did this occur? A restraining order is not available against police officers in their capacity as officers, however you can obtain a restraining order against them in their personal capacity.