When a car owner dies does his auto insurance remain in effect…

Customer Question
When a car owner dies...
When a car owner dies does his auto insurance remain in effect until the expiration date and will it cover family members who drive the car? Or will it cover people who are interested in buying the car and want to test drive it???
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Legal
Answered in 1 minute by:
6/12/2010
Lawyer: Ely, Counselor at Law replied 8 years ago
Ely, Counselor at Law

My name is XXXXX XXXXX I am one of JustAnswer's attorneys. I'll be helping you resolve your matter today.

Please remember that there might be a delay between your follow up questions and my answers because I may be helping other clients or taking a break.

When someone passes like this, the auto insurance coverage stops - it does NOT pass unto family members or cover them. Under default some state laws, it does, BUT all insurance companies have wised up and for years the standard auto-insurance agreement has the clause which automatically terminates the policy at death even if the default state rules say otherwise. Contract agreement overrides default rules which come into play only if the issue is not discussed in the contract.

Best of luck in your matter. I'm here if you need any more clarification or follow up information.

I hope you found my answer helpful, and if so please click on the ACCEPT button. This is the only way for me to get credit for my work - when you put in your payment information, I receive no credit for my time with you unless you press ACCEPT.

There is no fee for follow up questions should you wish to continue in this thread.

Remember, sometimes the law under which your situation falls does not give you the outcome or the choices you wanted - please understand that this is not the attorney's fault, but the way of circumstance.

There might be a delay between your follow up questions and my answers because I may be helping other clients or taking a break.

If you feel that I went an extra step to help, a bonus would be appreciated!

You can always request me for a future legal consultation through my profile at http://www.justanswer.com/profile.aspx?PF=7286322&FID=7 If you do this, make sure to begin the question with “This Question is for Eli…”

okay. 2 things: where in this interaction did i agree to $19

and 2: You never said if this applies to SCarolina. in fact, won't i have to check this out myself Monday?

1 - when you ask a question, there is a window where you select a price. If you did not select one, I am GUESSING $19 is the default, but I do not know since I do not do the billing aspect, I only answer questions, apologies :)You can go to justanswer.com/help for any questions you might have.Yes, you can check this for SC if you'd like on Mon. You're under no pressure to press ACCEPT now. Good luck.

oops: three - this lady answered this question too

Question

When a car owner dies does his auto insurance remain in effect until the expiration date and will it cover family members who drive the car?

Submitted: 131 days and 21 hours ago. Category: Legal Value: $18 Status: CLOSED

Read more: http://www.justanswer.com/questions/3344u-when-a-car-owner-dies-does-his-auto-insurance-remain-in-effect#ixzz0qfg8BUNV

"ormally, the rule is that it stays in effect until the policy period expires. However, the insurance policy could change this so you need to read the policy. But the general rule is that the policy stays in force until the policy period expires. Family members would be covered until that time

Read more: http://www.justanswer.com/questions/3344u-when-a-car-owner-dies-does-his-auto-insurance-remain-in-effect#ixzz0qffq32wX

I feel like i've been charged for nothing.

You haven't actually been charged on this question. It seems that you ACCEPTED the older question. Go to justanswer.com/help if you seek a refund.

You should never have charged me. I never accepted the old question; the old one was not even for me. i found it in a google search. I don't think 2 minutes of anyone's time is worth $19.00. And if your company is using my credit card to charge me even when I DON"T SAY I WANT THE SERVICE (i emailed you and asked what the charge would be BEFORE you answered), then I WANT IT STOPPED. There is no carte blanche here for anyone who wants to charge me.

At least the programmer wrote a program which took a couple of hours and I paid more than enough for that. This time, I've been had. I will never do that again.

Sir,I never charged you. Again, I am NOT in charge of billing. Nor are you charged unless you press ACCEPT, which you never did. The money is still on your JustAnswer account and you can request a refund and any other help from justanswer.com/helpI am sorry for the inconvenience - I urge you to go to justanswer.com/help to resolve this issue. Best of luck.