Can one (sole) individuals sworn statement override my account…

Customer Question
Can one (sole) individuals...
Can one (sole) individuals sworn statement override my account of an incident leading to a ticket viloation of giving false information.
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Legal
6/11/2010
Lawyer: Ely, Counselor at Law replied 8 years ago
Ely, Counselor at Law

My name is XXXXX XXXXX I am one of JustAnswer's attorneys. I'll be helping you resolve your matter today.

Please remember that there might be a delay between your follow up questions and my answers because I may be helping other clients or taking a break.

Is this for a traffic court, or what exactly?

Army Core of Engineer state Park.

Sorry, I did not know this was a military law question. I am going to opt out of your question and let a military law expert opt in to help you. No need to respond to this message. Additionally, you do not have to stay online – your question will remain active and an email will be sent to you as soon an expert answers it. My apologies for the inconvenience. You have not been charged. Good luck.
no it's no the US Army...... I was at an Army Core if Engineers Federal campground and received a ticket from a federal park ranger.
Oh, okay, my apologies. Then do you mean that if one witness vouches for you, will that override the park ranger's version of events?

I went camping at an army co engineer park ( making it federal ground I assume) this last week and took a bb gun with us. The front desk clerk for the camp came to our campsite (regarding where our tent was set up) and saw the bb gun sitting on the table. He told my brother in law that we weren't allowed to shoot in the park, my brother in law acknowledged and did use use the gun ( I was not there as I was out on the lake on my boat). No BB's were in the gun and no shooting was taking place when the park host came to our site. During the course of our stay we had other petty issues with the front desk host for the camp. The next day he had the park ranger come out to our campsite and to make a big deal out of the issue. The ranger asked for my license and asked to see the BB gun. He looked at the gun and found it was not loaded and asked if we had been shooting it. I told him I had no shot it and that we respected the park host in not using it since he came around. The ranger stated that since it was not loaded he could not write me a ticket but instead was going to issue me a warning instead. I acknoweldged and thought that was the end of the incentent. Two days later the ranger called me phone and told me that the park host stated he saw me shooting the gun and therefore he (the park ranger) was going to have to issue me a ticket for using a firearm in the park and making false statements to a ranger. I asked how this was possible as I did not use the gun and as far as I know no one else ( my brother in law or wife) used it either. He stated I didn't matter he had written statement from the camp host and therefore he was going to have to issue me both tickets. I know we did not shoot the gun, the front desk camp host had a bone to pick with us and is himself making false statements. Does his account override my account of what happened. Should I go to court to tell my side of the story... would it matter?