have there been any judicial ruling that have affected the…

Customer Question
have there been any judicial...
have there been any judicial ruling that have affected the implementation of the clean indoor air law in Illinois? If so, what are they? I need this answer ASAP to do a powerpoint presentation, when can I expect an answer?
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Legal
6/11/2010
Lawyer: Law Educator, Esq., Attorney replied 8 years ago

The Indoor Clean Air Act was renamed the Smoke Free Illinois Act. According to the IL Appeals Court, the State may not prosecute violations of the Smoke Free Act through criminal proceedings in the circuit courts. Reading the Smoke Free Act as a whole, it is clear that the legislature intended violations of the Smoke Free Act to be enforced administratively, not in criminal proceedings. Nowhere does the Smoke Free Act describe a violation as a criminal act. Violations are not referred to as "offenses" or "crimes." Moreover, numerous provisions of the Smoke Free Act make clear the legislature's intent that it be enforced administratively. See: People v. Kane, No. 3-08-1008 (Ill. App., 2010).

I hope you found my answer helpful, please click on the GREEN ACCEPT button above for my answer. This is necessary for me to be paid for my work and so that I can get credit for assisting you. Your question will not close, and you will still have the opportunity to follow-up if needed. Leaving a bonus and positive feedback is not required, but doing so is certainly appreciated!

Please remember this is a dialog if you have follow up questions please use the REPLY button and ask. If you have additional questions, please keep in mind that I do not know what you already know or don't know, or with what you need help, unless you tell me. Please consider that I am answering the question or question that is posed in your posting based upon my reading of your post and sometimes misunderstandings can occur. If I did not answer the question you thought you were asking, please respond with the specific question you wanted answered.

Also remember, sometimes the law does not support what we want it to support, but that is not the fault of the person answering the question, so please be courteous.

There can also be a delay of an hour or more in between my answers because I may be helping other customers or taking a break.

PLEASE NOTE WELL: IF YOU CLICK OPT OUT I CANNOT REPLY TO YOUR FOLLOW UP QUESTIONS AND YOU MAY NEVER GET ANY REPLY OR IT WILL DELAY MY ABILITY TO REPLY TO YOU. Also, if you use RELIST, I MAY NOT SEE YOUR RESPONSE AND IT WILL DELAY YOUR REPLY.

You can always request me through my profile at http://www.justanswer.com/profile.aspx?PF=10285032&FID=39 or beginning your question with “For PaulMJD…”

So, from your experience and knowledge there hasn't been any judicial ruling or restraints that may have affected the IMPLEMENTATION of the Clean indoor air act?
The above is the ONLY case discussing the Smoke Free Illinois Act. No cases have been brought forth restricting implementation.