Back in 1999 I paid a judge a fee and also a fee to have sheriff…

Customer Question
Back in 1999 I paid...
Back in 1999 I paid a judge a fee and also a fee to have sheriff serve and eviction notice to squatters on my property. The sheriff didn't serve papers until three years and the judge didn't set a date for anyone to appear in court. I have been talking to him about he never provided a service for the money I paid and refuses to complete the process unless I pay him more money. I have contacted the county attorney and others that I thought could assist me in how to have this judge do what he is paid to do. The answer I get is that the judge is an elected official and that there was not anything they could. What can I do with being taken for my money and not recieve the service for it?
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Legal
Answered in 1 hour by:
6/11/2010
Lawyer: Law Educator, Esq., Attorney replied 8 years ago
After 10 years it may be too late to take any action on the first suit, but you can file a new suit for eviction against the party and you should use an attorney to make sure all of the process is done correctly since the court would be much less likely to try to conceal anything or delay the process as long as they did in the first case if you have an attorney involved and the attorney can keep up with the matter instead of letting it sit.

I hope you found my answer helpful, please click on the GREEN ACCEPT button above for my answer. This is necessary for me to be paid for my work and so that I can get credit for assisting you. Your question will not close, and you will still have the opportunity to follow-up if needed. Leaving a bonus and positive feedback is not required, but doing so is certainly appreciated!

Please remember this is a dialog if you have follow up questions please use the REPLY button and ask. If you have additional questions, please keep in mind that I do not know what you already know or don't know, or with what you need help, unless you tell me. Please consider that I am answering the question or question that is posed in your posting based upon my reading of your post and sometimes misunderstandings can occur. If I did not answer the question you thought you were asking, please respond with the specific question you wanted answered.

Also remember, sometimes the law does not support what we want it to support, but that is not the fault of the person answering the question, so please be courteous.

There can also be a delay of an hour or more in between my answers because I may be helping other customers or taking a break.

PLEASE NOTE WELL: IF YOU CLICK OPT OUT I CANNOT REPLY TO YOUR FOLLOW UP QUESTIONS AND YOU MAY NEVER GET ANY REPLY OR IT WILL DELAY MY ABILITY TO REPLY TO YOU. Also, if you use RELIST, I MAY NOT SEE YOUR RESPONSE AND IT WILL DELAY YOUR REPLY.

You can always request me through my profile at http://www.justanswer.com/profile.aspx?PF=10285032&FID=39 or beginning your question with “For PaulMJD…”