How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Irwin Law Your Own Question
Irwin Law
Irwin Law, Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 7599
Experience:  Lawyer & Real Estate Broker, 30+ years, foreclosure, land contracts, inheritance, probate.
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Irwin Law is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

California Education Code Section 49066 My daughter missed

Customer Question

California Education Code Section 49066 My daughter missed getting a perfect 4.0 GPA at graduation from Jr High due to a 0.5% score shortfall in PE (89.5% instead of 90%). Despite four meetings, two of which were requested to the Principal by the Superintendent, the teacher refused to even consider changing the grades. This was even after offering new mitigating information regarding the fact that she scored badly during her first menstruation. Can this be considered "bad faith" or "incompetency" by the teacher and therefore can the Supervisor ORDER a grade change?

Optional Information:
State/Country relating to Question: California

Already Tried:
Numerous meetings, e-mails, faxes with the teacher, Principal and Superintendent.
Submitted: 8 years ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  Irwin Law replied 8 years ago.

You've gone as far as you can go with that matter. A -.5 for gym in Jr High on a GPA is meaningless in the long run for evaluating her for college, grad school or anything else. No one will care, so don't let it become an obsession which will hurt her far more than the non-perfect GPA.


Please click on the green ACCEPT button so that I will be compensated for this answer. BONUSES for quick and helpful responses are very appreciated. If you have any follow up question feel free to ask it. No attorney-client relationship is created by this answer.