Dear Sir Sold a custom gaming computer to over seas Ukrania…

Customer Question
Dear Sir: Sold a custom gaming...
Dear Sir:

Sold a custom gaming computer to over seas Ukrania through E-bay and paypal. Buyer claimed he never received computer. Paypal refunded his money in full- immediately without any investigation - no questions asked. As a result, I was immediately suspended from E-bay unless I repay them in full approx $1299 unit (I have all documentation that computer cleared customs US and Ukrania) and was delivered to customer. Customer denies having received it. I am now receiving collection notices for $1299 cost of computer(from ebay collection agency). US mail will only insure to $500 and is still in the process of investigation.

I am a small business whereby, basically all business is done on EBay. $1300 may not seem like much to Ebay but it is to me. I am a recent college grad - E-Bay is my sole source of doing business. Plus I need removal of unfavorable comment on Ebay.

Please advise.

Regards.

William E. Newman
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Legal
6/11/2010
Lawyer: Ely, Counselor at Law replied 8 years ago
Ely, Counselor at Law
Hello William,

My name is XXXXX XXXXX I am one of JustAnswer's attorneys. I'll be helping you resolve your matter today.

Please remember that there might be a delay between your follow up questions and my answers because I may be helping other clients or taking a break.

Sounds like you got scammed. Right now its your word against theirs. So what you have to do is put some weight on your position. Sue them in small claims court and serve them by FedEx mail in the Ukraine. They obviously won't care. Then get a default Judgment against them in the Court, and show it to PayPal, which will then augment its records more to you and possibly refund you once a legal decision has been made.

Best of luck in your matter. I'm here if you need any more clarification or follow up information.

I hope you found my answer helpful, and if so please click on the ACCEPT button. This is the only way for me to get credit for my work - when you put in your payment information, I receive no credit for my time with you unless you press ACCEPT.

There is no fee for follow up questions should you wish to continue in this thread.

Remember, sometimes the law under which your situation falls does not give you the outcome or the choices you wanted - please understand that this is not the attorney's fault, but the way of circumstance.

There might be a delay between your follow up questions and my answers because I may be helping other clients or taking a break.

If you feel that I went an extra step to help, a bonus would be appreciated!

You can always request me for a future legal consultation through my profile at http://www.justanswer.com/profile.aspx?PF=7286322&FID=7 If you do this, make sure to begin the question with “This Question is for Eli…”