We filed our AR state tax electronically & recevied an email…

Customer Question
We filed our AR state...
We filed our AR state tax electronically & recevied an email on 3/31/10 that they were received. We will be receiving a refund of $4477.00. On May 25, 2010 we still had not received our refund. I called AR & was told that due to the large amount of our refund, they needed to verify my husband's emoloyeer. They called his employer & was told no one by that name worked there. They could not tell me when they call his emoloyer or the name of the person they spoke with. Therefore, our refund was on hold. We never received anything in writing or a phone call regarding this matter or that our refund was on hold. I asked what I needed to to to resolve issue. He told me to get a statment on company letterhead of the days worked & earnings for 2009, and the name & phone number of contact person & fax to him, I did this next day, verified he rec'd & he said refund would be processed. Nothing to date. Called today & refund still not processed. HELP
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Legal
6/11/2010
Lawyer: MShore, Attorney replied 8 years ago
MShore
MShore, Attorney
Thank you for the post, what is the explanation for the delay in processing?

I was told I needed to speak with the manager (same person I spoke with last time) but he was currently not in the office, but he was there today. He is to call me back. When I last spoke to him on May 26, 2010 I specifically asked him if there was any further info he needed or if there was anything else I needed to do.l He stated no, that he would process our refund. We have not been notified of any issue to delay refund. How long can they hold your refund? Are they not obligated to contact you if there is a problem with processing?

Thank you, XXXXX XXXXX no time period by which they must release a refund in the event of a dispute as to the accuracy of the information provided to obtain the refund. They should have contacted you to notify you of the problem with processing however.
So if they don't contact me, how am I suppose to know there is a dispute? What, if any, course of action can I take?
If they don't contact you, you would have to contact them. I know this is not the democratic system of government best display of proficiency, but it is the practical resolution. Your most efficient course of action is to complain to the governor's office about the delay.