Hi, I was involved in a bicycle accident and I was hit by a…

Customer Question
Hi, I was involved in...
Hi, I was involved in a bicycle accident and I was hit by a driver coming out of a store. I had my front teeth knocked out. I pursued a lawyer to sue the insurance company for damages. He resigned from my case. I employed another one and still nothing has been done, he got sick and I am unsure if he is even doing anything. I received a letter from the man that hit me's attorney stating my case will be dropped because I did not fill out some form that I thought my attorney was taking care of. Do I have any hope for any compensation?
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Legal
6/11/2010
Lawyer: D. WINOGO ESQ., Attorney replied 8 years ago
D. WINOGO ESQ.
D. WINOGO ESQ., Attorney
Yes. You need to get in touch immediately with your attorney to find out what he is or should be doing. Why did your 1st attorney drop the case? In addition, the driver's attorney cannot unilaterally drop the case. He must make a motion to the court and the judge must grant it before your case is dropped. If your case is dismissed through the screw-up of your attorney which could have been avoided, then you can sue that lawyer for legal malpractice.