I live in a horse community with an HOA in Nevada. I built…

Customer Question
I live in a horse...
I live in a horse community with an HOA in Nevada. I built a fence 7 years ago that encroached on the hoa property by 6 feet with the verbal approval of the HOA Mgmt Company. The reason for the encroachment was that at the property line we were unable to drill to place fence posts because of rock under the surface that we could not drill through. I am now being sued by the HOA which is under management of a different HOA Mgmt Company stating I have no legal right to have my fence outside my property line. I must incur the costs of moving my fence immediately as I do not have the HOA approval to encroach on HOA property. My fence does not prevent passage behind my property. Is there any statue of limitations or can I state adverse possession due the timeframe since my fence was put up 7 years ago without any complaint by the HOA?
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Legal
6/11/2010
Lawyer: INFOLAWYER, Attorney replied 8 years ago
INFOLAWYER, Attorney
Hello and thank you for your question.What precisely can I answer for you?