if you were to start a small engine repair service out of your…

Customer Question
if you were to start...
if you were to start a small engine repair service out of your home garage, but you don't have a license or a certificate what would happen?
is there a certain amount of money you can make in a year without a license?
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Legal
6/11/2010
Lawyer: Law Educator, Esq., Attorney replied 8 years ago
There is no limit you can make and you need a permit from the state only. You will need to pay your sales taxes to the state for the services and also income taxes to state and federal government. The other consideration is the fact that if you are running a business out of your home and it is in an area zoned residential only, then this would be a zoning violation and you could be cited for that violation and fined and shut down so you need to check with your local zoning board.

I hope you found my answer helpful, please click on the GREEN ACCEPT button above for my answer. This is necessary for me to be paid for my work and so that I can get credit for assisting you. Your question will not close, and you will still have the opportunity to follow-up if needed. Leaving a bonus and positive feedback is not required, but doing so is certainly appreciated!

Please remember this is a dialog if you have follow up questions please use the REPLY button and ask. If you have additional questions, please keep in mind that I do not know what you already know or don't know, or with what you need help, unless you tell me. Please consider that I am answering the question or question that is posed in your posting based upon my reading of your post and sometimes misunderstandings can occur. If I did not answer the question you thought you were asking, please respond with the specific question you wanted answered.

Also remember, sometimes the law does not support what we want it to support, but that is not the fault of the person answering the question, so please be courteous.

There can also be a delay of an hour or more in between my answers because I may be helping other customers or taking a break.

PLEASE NOTE WELL: IF YOU CLICK OPT OUT I CANNOT REPLY TO YOUR FOLLOW UP QUESTIONS AND YOU MAY NEVER GET ANY REPLY OR IT WILL DELAY MY ABILITY TO REPLY TO YOU. Also, if you use RELIST, I MAY NOT SEE YOUR RESPONSE AND IT WILL DELAY YOUR REPLY.

You can always request me through my profile at http://www.justanswer.com/profile.aspx?PF=10285032&FID=39 or beginning your question with “For PaulMJD…”

not exactly what i needed.
That statement does not help me get you what you need. If I have not answered what you need, then be a bit more specific as to what you want.