My son was selling oxycontin to support his own habit, he was…

Customer Question
My son was selling oxycontin...
My son was selling oxycontin to support his own habit, he was arrested and went to court in Philadelphia where he received probation (first offense) but understands that he was convicted of a felony. It has been four years and he has undergone extensive rehab and has not touched drugs for 4 years. Is it possible to get his record expunged since it seems impossible for him to find a decent job when a criminal background check is done. Thank you!
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Legal
6/10/2010
Lawyer: Dwayne B., Attorney replied 8 years ago
Dwayne B.
Dwayne B., Attorney
Unfortunately, a conviction can't be expunged unless the offender is deceased or 70 years old. Only non-convictions can be expunged. The only way he would have of getting his record cleared would be by a pardon from the governor. Pardons are extremely hard to get.

Thank you for allowing me to assist you. I believe I have answered all of the questions you asked so I would request that you please click the ACCEPT button so I receive credit for my work and leave feedback if you have a chance. Please consider clicking "BONUS" as a nice way of saying "thanks" for a job well done, although this is neither required nor expected. Please remember that we can only base our answers on the information you provide and sometimes a misunderstanding as to what you are looking for or already know occurs so feel free to ask additional questions. Please be aware that my answer is not legal advice, it is merely information. You should always contact a local attorney for legal advice.

Several customers have asked how they direct a question to me in particular. If you specifically want me to provide information for you just put “FOR JD 1992” in the subject line and I will pick up the next time I am online.