Can i get back in the military with a re 4 if i cant, i want to go to school, but im deni…

Customer Question
Can i get back in...
Can i get back in the military with a re 4? if i cant, i want to go to school, but im denied my gi bill.
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Legal
6/10/2010
Lawyer: Allen M., Esq., Attorney replied 8 years ago
Allen M., Esq.
Allen M., Esq., Attorney
No, you can not reenter with an RE-4. That is a complete bar to reenlistment. The only way to alter that RE code is through a military records correction, DD Form 149, which is highly unlikely.

As for being denied the GI Bill, you must have received an honorable discharge. If not, you will be denied. You can attempt to have your discharge upgraded by filing a DD Form 293, also very difficult but more likely that the DD Form 149 process.
I already knew that. im not paying
I'm sorry that you "already knew that," but it doesn't make my answer wrong or worthless.

That being said, I'm not sure what you expected to find out if you only asked questions to which you already knew the answers.

Good bye.

Edited by Jagcorps_esq on 6/10/2010 at 7:29 PM EST