I need to know the exact section & subsection numbers an…

Customer Question
I need to know the...
I need to know the exact section & subsection numbers and laws set down by US SUPREME court in 1992 and extended to IRA's in 2005. for Florida ERISA protection from creditors. My ex wifes attorney is trying to get my 401k and IRA moneys held for collateral for a 15 year equalization payment (6% interest included) payable monthly.
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Legal
Answered in 1 minute by:
6/10/2010
Lawyer: Daniel Solutions, Lawyer (JD) replied 8 years ago
Daniel Solutions
Daniel Solutions, Lawyer (JD)
Is the equalization payment for an unsecure/secure creditor or regarding alimony or child support?

The equalization order from the Judge was in reference to my ex-wifes percentage of value of my brother and my family business that both he and I are 50% owners. Our corporate by laws do not allow for sahres of company stock to be held as collateral.

It is not for alimony or child support, but payment of value of what the court deemed as her value after a 20 year marriage.

Thank you for the information.

Please just wait and someone with a better understanding of this topic in Florida law will assist you.

Do not reply to this post because that will delay you receiving a reply.

Relist: Incomplete answer.
The person never answered my question. I have been waiting almost 30 minutes
You never replied. what is the problem?