I am Selling a Home in Fort Myers, Florida. The buyer Wants…

Customer Question
I am Selling a Home...
I am Selling a Home in Fort Myers, Florida. The buyer Wants to do a Contract for Deed (Seller Financing) The Price is 65,000, and the he is putting 25,000 Down.

This is a Good Deal for me, But Would it be Better to do a Contract for Deed, or Would it be Better to transfer the Title and The Seller Becomes a first Lein Holder on the Property?
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Legal
6/10/2010
Lawyer: Richard, Attorney replied 8 years ago
Richard, Attorney

Good afternoon. It would be better for you as the seller to do a Contract for Deed because you don't give up title to the property until buyer has paid in full. It would be better for seller to transfer the title now and give you a first lien....what makes that worse for you is that if he doesn't pay, you must go through the foreclosure process to get the title back.

I hope this has given you the guidance you were seeking. I wish you the best of luck!

If you have a follow-up question, please remember that there might be a delay between your follow up questions and my answers because I may be helping other clients or taking a break.

If I have adequately answered your question, even though the answer might not have been the one for which you hoped, I would appreciate it if you would please click the GREEN ACCEPT button so that I receive credit for my work; otherwise, though you have made a deposit, I do not receive credit.

If you need additional clarification on this question after clicking ACCEPT, please do not hesitate to click Reply and I will be happy to do what I can to help you further. Thanks for allowing me to be of service to you.

The information given here is not legal advice. As all states have different intricacies in their laws, the information given is general only. This communication does not establish an attorney-client relationship with you. I hope this answer has been helpful to you.