So if a existing driveway on a property is condemned for a…

Customer Question
So if a existing driveway...
So if a existing driveway on a property is condemned for a private way of necessity for another property behind it , does this mean the existing owners of the driveway cannot use it as there driveway also ??
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Legal
Answered in 1 minute by:
6/10/2010
Lawyer: Cedric, Attorney replied 8 years ago
Cedric
Cedric, Attorney

No, it just means that the other property owner has an 'easement' to use the driveway.

The owner can still use the driveway.

Well the property behind seems to think its his property so what do i do now to get him to stop harassing me in this matter.

You have every right to continue to use the driveway, since you have an easement on it.

I'm not sure the best way to resolve it, but possibly talking to him and telling him that you every right to use it, or sending a letter stating the same.