When false accusation are done, is quasi judicial immunity…

Customer Question
When false accusation are done...
When false accusation are done, is quasi judicial immunity still 100%?
I was accused of forcing my resident to go to the bank and withdraw money that she lawfully owed me after the appointment of the guardian/conservator.
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Legal
6/10/2010
Lawyer: Law Pro, Attorney replied 8 years ago
Law Pro, Attorney
What are you implying are asking as to the "quasi judicial" immunity? I don't understand how that applicable. Please explain. Thanks!

A court appointed guardian/conservator who has quasi judicial immunity lied to the police and the bond judge about the recipient of service having had money stolen from her by me. It is alledged that I forced the recipient to go to her bank and with draw money, and that I bit her on her hand. There is no video tape of the transaction or a doctor's report on the bite!

The recipient who was illiterate in her language and ours is now deceased, however, she denied at the bond hearing that I harmed her in any way. She was diagnosed with cerebellar degeneration in 1998 by psychiatry at the Medical University of SC. The trial will be held in Federal Court due to the Quasi Judicial Immunity status of the defendant.

She was known for traveling about the community and associating with known prostitutes. She was a resident in my facility; I held then and now a license to practice in SC. The license was suspended and my practice was limited then cut off completely, the charges went away after that!

Then it's a matter of whom the court/judge believes in the matter. The court appointed guardian/conservator doesn't have immunity if they lie. To the contrary, that's perjury and a felony.

The elements of perjury are the following:

(1) a false statement is made under oath or equivalent affirmation during a judicial proceeding;
(2) the statement must be material or relevant to the proceeding; and
(3) the witness must have the specific intent to deceive.

There is no immunity for perjury.

Please click on the ACCEPT button for my answer so that I receive credit for assisting you (even if you placed a deposit or have a subscription program). You may continue to ask follow-up questions after accepting. If the information is helpful, I would very much appreciate positive feedback. Bonuses are also appreciated. If you do have a follow-up question, press REPLY, NOT relist, or else I won’t receive the question.