Someone from AT&T advertising solutions called on 4/1/2010…

Customer Question
Someone from AT&T advertising solutions...
Someone from AT&T advertising solutions called on 4/1/2010 to sell me a web click service.
I agreed and we did a voice authorization. A day later I changed my mind and called back to talk to my sales rep. I got his voice mail and left message for him to call me back. A The next day after not recieving a call back I called him back, got his voice mail again. This time I left a message for him to cancell our agreement. A followed up with an E-Mail
cancelling this agreement. A few days ago I recieved a bill for this service. I called and was told this contract could not be cancelled for the next year becouse I did not send them a registered letter cancelling this contract within ten days of the voice authorization. I told them I did not know I had to do this. I had not recieved any kind of contract or corristpondence from them untill they sent the first bill a few days ago.
This is just a brief run down of the events leading up to my problem. Anyway I can cancell this contract?
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Legal
Answered in 1 hour by:
6/10/2010
Lawyer: Law Pro, Attorney replied 8 years ago
Law Pro, Attorney
Yes, you have the 3-day right of rescission from this type of sale.

State law gives you the right to cancel the contract within three business days (excluding weekends and legal holidays) if the seller personally solicited and presented the contract in your home. The salesperson must advise you of this right and acknowledge it in the contract. If you cancel, the notice must be in writing.
The seller must return any payment or trade-in goods within 10 days after notification of cancellation, and must mark the contract “canceled.”

Inform them that you will be filing a complaint with the state's Attorney General if they don't allow you to cancel and pursue the matter.

Please click on the ACCEPT button for my answer so that I receive credit for assisting you (even if you placed a deposit or have a subscription program). You may continue to ask follow-up questions after accepting. If the information is helpful, I would very much appreciate positive feedback. Bonuses are also appreciated. If you do have a follow-up question, press REPLY, NOT relist, or else I won’t receive the question.