I had a verbal agreement with a customer as the contract was…

Customer Question
I had a verbal agreement...
I had a verbal agreement with a customer as the contract was being finalized, I built an entire website with databses driven system for listing coaches the cost of the website was 3200 on which she payed 240, after the site launched she decided it was going to be to hard to do her self and was looking for a way to make it automated but She was informed at the beggining that going that route would be $10,000+ so she decided to go with the cheaper 3200 where she had to copy and paste the information took about 1 minute per listing but it was too much for her so she decided to not pay me any more and pay someone else to use thier system which uses wordpress a free content management system. my question is do I have any way of being compesated through the courts I have emails too and from the entire time the site was being built and phone records showing hours up hours on the phone about it
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Legal
Answered in 1 minute by:
6/10/2010
Lawyer: MShore, Attorney replied 8 years ago
MShore
MShore, Attorney
Thank you for the post, do you have any evidence of the actual verbal agreement? For example, her written affirmation of the agreement and obligation to pay you?
I do not believe I have the actual verbal agreement in an email although I have the contract that was written up and sent to my partner for his editing of the SEO portion of the contract which was several weeks ago, but I have recieved payment from her when we made the agreement because I would not start without it. She needed to get hosting which she chose to host with me and went through the process of signing up for a yearly subsscription for Pro stressfree hosting plan, she had said she only had 500 for a down payment 270ish went to the hosting and 230 wen to here first payment and she was to make $250/ payments for 12 months. I am still going through the emails I may find where we discussed the price
Thank you, XXXXX XXXXX until you can find some evidence of the actual agreement, you would have a very hard time successfully bringing a civil suit because you could not meet the preponderance of the evidence test.
MShore
MShore, Attorney
ok Well I did find the original email sent right before paymets were made is there any other obstacles?
Not really, the botXXXXX XXXXXne here is that you have to prove that there was in fact a contract/agreement for payment and that the work was done consistent with that contract.