In march 2010 had a tooth extraded in LA no antiabitocs were…

Customer Question
In march 2010 had a...
In march 2010 had a tooth extraded in LA no antiabitocs were prescribed 3 days later ended up in emergency room on life support had to have emergency surgury and on breathing machine intensive care for 4 days. Is that gross neg.
Do I have a valaid case against dentist?
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Legal
6/10/2010
Lawyer: Sam, Attorney at Law replied 8 years ago
Sam, Attorney at Law

hi

gross negligence is a conscious and voluntary disregard of the need to use reasonable care, which is likely to cause foreseeable grave injury or harm to persons, property, or both.

ordinary negligence, is a mere failure to exercise reasonable care.

i do see a valid case, however, you can prove either gross negligence or negligence. there seems to have been a standard of care that was not met. you will need to show that such prescription meds are a common practice, that this dentist was negligent in not giving the prescription

i suggest you consult with a local med mal attorney to further evaluate this matter for merit.

I was wanting to find out if it was a common pratice to prescribe antibotics after an extration I've gotten no real answer.At any rate had I not had tooth pulled I would'nt of

ended up with a life threnting infection. Seems to me that the dr. didn't to his job. it was a

moler that had been in place 40yrs.My hospital bills alone are 100k I do not have any ins. should he aleast be liable for that?

hi

i am not a doctor.

i am a lawyer and you are in legal and that is why i provided the information as you asked about gross negligence.

you will need a local attorney to help with medical opinions as to whether antibiotics are common practice. i can only tell you that everyone i ever knew who had tooth extraction got a prescription. again, i am not a doctor - you need to see a local attorney to get those medical opinions for you.

however, with what i do know about these procedures, you have a basis for medical malpractice and yes, at least, your medical bills.

Edited by Sam on 6/10/2010 at 2:18 PM EST