i used 2 credit personal cards to operate my company there…

Customer Question
i used 2 credit personal...
i used 2 credit personal cards to operate my company there was an accident and two people were hurt my work truck was held by the attorney of the hurt employees
he had parts taken off the truck and held for him after he had his experts check
he kept the parts and oked the repaired .well my truck was repaired the insurance
company refused to pay for the parts taken by said attorney because he said it was ok to repair only because i asked who was gonna pay me for lost time money was i able
to get my insurance to cover all costs they kept my truck 3 months the company is now bankrupt can i roll my credit cards in to the bankrupcy and is there recorse from
the insurance co. and the attorney thanks jim what can i do?
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Legal
6/10/2010
Lawyer: socrateaser, Lawyer replied 8 years ago
socrateaser, Lawyer

The only way that you could roll the credit cards into a business bankruptcy would be to have the company pay off the cards for you. But, if there isn't any money in the company, then that won't work.

This leaves you with filing personal bankruptcy instead of business bankruptcy. Once you do that, no creditor can reach you. And, since the company has no assets, there would be no reason to file bankruptcy on it, because there is nothing to get from it, anyway.

Hope this helps.

NOTICE: If you are on a subscription plan, your clicking Accept does not generate any additional charges to your user account. It only indicates your satisfaction with my answer.

Terms and Conditions: By your continuing in this conversation with me, or by your clicking “Accept”, you are expressly agreeing to all of the following: (1) our communication is for entertainment purposes only; (2) you are not consulting me in my professional capacity as an attorney; (3) you do not seek to establish an attorney-client relationship with me, nor do I with you; (4) you will not rely on anything I say and you will obtain appropriate legal counsel via a traditional/office consultation with an attorney licensed to practice in the jurisdiction where your legal issue arises (and you may not use our communication to avoid taxpayer penalties imposed by the U.S. Dept. of Treasury); (5) by communicating with me in this public forum you are irrevocably waiving any right to privacy, confidentiality and attorney-client privilege concerning the matters discussed. You further separately declare that any payment made by you is not consideration for this contract, nor offered for any services rendered by me on your behalf, but rather is made in genuine admiration and respect for my desire to help others. If you do not agree with these terms and conditions, then you must advise me immediately.