My mother has power of attorney for my 105 year old grandfather…

Customer Question
My mother has power of...
My mother has power of attorney for my 105 year old grandfather who has become unresponsive in a hospital facility. She has decided she would like to put his assets into a living trust and make herslef the trustee. Can this be accomplished in a very short time and we are wondering the cost.
Thank you
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Legal
6/10/2010
Lawyer: Jack R., Attorney replied 8 years ago
Jack R.
Jack R., Attorney

It can be done quickly certainly within a week if an attorney can dedicate is time to creating the trust. . The cost will vary with the number of assets that need to be transferred and the complexity of the trust management e.g. how the assets will be distributed to the beneficiaries. It could cost a few thousand dollars to complete.

If you found this answer informative please press ACCEPT so I may get credit for my response.

This communication is not intended as legal advice. A local attorney should always be consulted for legal advice. No client/attorney relationship is intended or created by this communication.

when would it become a legal document?

Once all the documents are signed, and the trust is funded e.g.assets moved into the trust.

If you found this answer helpful please press the ACCEPT button.

All comments are provided for informational purposes only. A local attorney should be contacted for specific legal advice.