my son has 4 traffic tickets from may-august 2005 which he…

Customer Question
my son has 4 traffic...
my son has 4 traffic tickets from may-august 2005 which he has never went to court he was incarcerated 9/05 till 3/10 released with no knowledge these still exist untill he applied for credit to buy a car. On his credit report it said Unified goverment $397.00 we started trying to clear this up. Went to municipal court, after doing alot of digging they said he had 4 tickets he has never been to court on, he had to pay $100.00 bond to get a court date. Is there a statue of limitations on this? Also the re-entry people had checked for any thing against him to make sure things would be cleared up upon his release. Thank you His mom.
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Legal
6/9/2010
Lawyer: Sam, Attorney at Law replied 8 years ago
Sam, Attorney at Law

hi

unfortunately, there are no statute of limitations on traffic tickets and/or fines owed to any government agency. what the re-entry people did was check for outstanding warrants.