I have a motion for summary judgement and the hearing is Friday…

Customer Question
I have a motion for...
I have a motion for summary judgement and the hearing is Friday 6-11-10 and I need the document to file a motion for continuance. This is for the 9th district court in Montgomery county Texas. Do you have a document I can use for this?
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Legal
6/9/2010
Lawyer: Ely, Counselor at Law replied 8 years ago
Ely, Counselor at Law

My name is XXXXX XXXXX I am one of JustAnswer's attorneys. I'll be helping you resolve your matter today.

Please remember that there might be a delay between your follow up questions and my answers because I may be helping other clients or taking a break.

I can provide a Motion for Continuance if you'd like, but a Motion for Summary Judgment is a 10+ page writ.

I am asking for a motion for continuance...the motion for summary judgement is against me.
Oh you got it then :)MOTION FOR CONTINUANCEThis Motion for Continuance is brought by YOUR NAME, Respondent, who shows in support:
1. The hearing for Summaru Judgment is currently set for May 15, 2008.
2. Respondent requests that the date be continued for the following reason….
3. This continuance is not sought solely for delay but that justice may be done.

YOUR NAME prays that the Court grant the Motion for Continuance.
Sincerely,SIGYour NamePro Se.
(NEW PAGE)

CERTIFICATE OF SERVICE (centered)

I certify that on (date filed) a true and correct copy of this Motion for Continuance was served to the opposite party via (fax/cert mail).

Your Signature

Your name

You file a copy with the Court, and file a copy with the opposite side by cert letter (RRR) or a fax to the attorney if it is an attorney with fax confirmation.

Best of luck in your matter. I'm here if you need any more clarification or follow up information.

I hope you found my answer helpful, and if so please click on the ACCEPT button. This is the only way for me to get credit for my work - when you put in your payment information, I receive no credit for my time with you unless you press ACCEPT.

There is no fee for follow up questions should you wish to continue in this thread.

Remember, sometimes the law under which your situation falls does not give you the outcome or the choices you wanted - please understand that this is not the attorney's fault, but the way of circumstance.

There might be a delay between your follow up questions and my answers because I may be helping other clients or taking a break.

If you feel that I went an extra step to help, a bonus would be appreciated!

You can always request me for a future legal consultation through my profile at http://www.justanswer.com/profile.aspx?PF=7286322&FID=7 If you do this, make sure to begin the question with “This Question is for Eli…”

I am asking for the document that I can fill in the blanks and then file it, I also have been told by the clerk of the court that I need to bring the motion and file it in person, However the lawyer who filed the summary judgement for the opposing party did so electronically.

Is there a reason I can't file electronically? The court is more than one houre drive time from me.

The document that I provided is essentially the same thing. I do not have any fill in the blanks, and you can try searching online for them. You can't file electronically b/c in Texas, only someone with a bar license can, sorry.