In my divorce decree the judge ruled that our house have a…

Customer Question
In my divorce decree the...
In my divorce decree the judge ruled that our house have a value of 130,000.00 based upon the assessed value and finding the appraisal of 140,000.00 that my ex had credible. I also was ordered to put the house up for sale and which I have done and listed it at 130,000.00. My ex wants it listed for less. Do I have to list it at anything less than 130,000.00 or accept any offer less than 130,00.00
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Legal
Answered in 1 minute by:
6/9/2010
Lawyer: loeblaw, Attorney replied 8 years ago
loeblaw
loeblaw, Attorney
Does the order speak about offers below assessed value?

No just that my ex an I have to agree on the price.

Without an order it would seem that you are free to set the price for any reasonable price. The assessed value would be a good starting point. If it still hasn't sold after a couple of months the price might need to be reconsidered. If your ex disagrees he can file a motion for a judicial determination. But I don't think you are being unreasonable by asking for assessed value.

As your question has been answered, please click ACCEPT so that I can receive credit for the answer and you can receive credit for your question. Clicking ACCEPT does not generate additional charges but only indicates your question was answered. We do not receive a salary; this is the only way we get paid so I respectfully XXXXX XXXXX you please click ACCEPT. Additionally, note that BONUSES and positive feedback are GREATLY appreciated. Should you need additional information or have additional questions please feel free to send me a question personally.

NOTICE: By your continuing in this conversation with me, or by your clicking “Accept”, you are expressly agreeing to all of the following: (1) We have not established an attorney-client relationship and none shall be established absent a separate agreement; (2) my communications are based upon my analysis and opinions and based upon general legal principles which may differ from the law in your jurisdiction; (3) For specific legal advise you should obtain a legal opinion and representation from an attorney in good standing licensed to practice in the jurisdiction where valid jurisdiction exists for your legal issue; (4) by communicating with me in this public forum you are irrevocably waiving any right to privacy, confidentiality and attorney-client privilege concerning the matters discussed. You further separately declare that any payment made by you is not consideration for this contract, nor offered for any services rendered by me on your behalf. If you do not agree with these terms and conditions, then you must advise me immediately.

It has been on the market for just about a year. I do not want to sell it and really dont think it will sell for 130,000.00 so I do not want to go below that mark. So do i have to accept any offer below 130,000.00 without ex getting court order to modify price of house.

If it is not going to sell for $130K and it is the main marital asset you are either going to need to adjust the price and sell the house or make an offer and buy out your ex's interest.

As your question has been answered, please click ACCEPT so that I can receive credit for the answer and you can receive credit for your question. Clicking ACCEPT does not generate additional charges but only indicates your question was answered. We do not receive a salary; this is the only way we get paid so I respectfully XXXXX XXXXX you please click ACCEPT. Additionally, note that BONUSES and positive feedback are GREATLY appreciated.
REMINDER: As your question has been answered, please click ACCEPT so that I can receive credit for the answer and you can receive credit for your question. Clicking ACCEPT does not generate additional charges but only indicates your question was answered. We do not receive a salary; this is the only way we get paid so I respectfully XXXXX XXXXX you please click ACCEPT. Additionally, note that BONUSES and positive feedback are GREATLY appreciated. Should you need additional information or have additional questions please feel free to send me a question personally
PLEASE HONOR THE HONOR CODE

REMINDER: As your question has been answered, I respectfully XXXXX XXXXX you click ACCEPT so that I can receive credit for the answer and you can receive credit for your question. Even if you left a deposit the only way I am credited with giving you an answer is if you press ACCEPT. We do not receive a salary; this is the only way we get paid, we do not receive a salary. You should also note that statistics are kept on accepted answers and seen by adviser, if you do not accept it might affect the likelihood of getting future questions answered.