I payed a bill in 2008 to a MCI communications Services.The…

Customer Question
I payed a bill in...
I payed a bill in 2008 to a MCI communications Services.The bill was a $212.22(Settlement/Account number 1B103677) and it was payed in full.We have the money order receipt,postal receipt and a copy of the of the express mail receipt.Serveral days ago a company called Enhanced Recovery Corporarion called me and asked me to call them because i owed them some money on a bill.I called them today and asked them to stop leving messages on my answering service and this man named Ken said the calls will stop for ten days but they will continue until they get the money from me.He "stated that i owe them $143.00",WITH THE SAME ACCOUNT(1B103677) how can that be when this account is paided in full.He also stated that i have not paided on this account since 2003.Please Help.Thank you for your time.I have sent a mail fraud complaint to the postal service and a fraud alert for 90 days to equifax.
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Legal
6/9/2010
Lawyer: MDLaw, Attorney replied 8 years ago
MDLaw
MDLaw, Attorney
Have they sent you anything in writing? If so, you can write to them and ask them to validate the debt. That is your right under the FDCPA. They will then need to send you proof that you still owe the debt. With respect to the CRA's, you can dispute the debt as not yours. All of this should be done via certified mail return receipt requested so that you have a paper trail.
Relist: Incomplete answer.
What is incomplete about my answer, in your opinion??