i was expelled from college after being bullied for months…

Customer Question
i was expelled from college...
i was expelled from college after being bullied for months which finally led to a slight physical confrontation ( no police or medical attention needed) one week before finals,now i owe for the semister,and cant get in any other school until this is satified...ive went through all of the schools appeals process and denied...
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Legal
6/9/2010
Lawyer: MDLaw, Attorney replied 8 years ago
MDLaw
MDLaw, Attorney
What is your question, please?
can i sue the school for at lease my tuition and or paqin and suffering
You said that you owed them money and so I am confused about what money you want to sue them for if you still owe them money. Please clarify.
i would like to sue so i dont owe them..so i can continue my education else where ..plus other expences ,books , dorms ,ect.. and time consumed maintaining a "B" average w/ no credit to show for it...
You cannot sue them for money damages that you have not suffered. Here is an analogy to better explain: If you buy a widget from me for 100 and I give you the widget but you don't pay me for it, you cannot sue me for the $100 since you never paid me. I, however, would be able to sue you for the money you owed me.
the school was paid mostly via a student loan, that i now owe ..so i cant get a loan to continue my education,because i dont have any credits related to that semester ...
Unfortunately, you cannot sue the school for the fact that you cannot get a loan.
so it is legal for a school to get around $15,0000 on my behalf and i dont get any credit or able to continue my education...because of something that was very minor that happened off campus..now i dont understand! how can a institution just riun my life so easily?
The school has the right to set their own policies as to student conduct. As to the getting credit issue, if you were not able to complete the semester because of your conduct, it is against up to the school. You would likely lose any lawsuit brought against them. You can, however, hire an attorney to put pressure on the school but that's your only recourse left if you have already gone through the appeal process.