I have a series of reference guides that are written by our…

Customer Question
I have a series of...
I have a series of reference guides that are written by our company and put together in a unigue way and every guide incorporates how to videos and a smart phone app. Is this idea or design patentable?
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Legal
6/9/2010
Lawyer: loeblaw, Attorney replied 8 years ago
loeblaw
loeblaw, Attorney
A patent is available when a person who invents or discovers any new and useful process, machine, article of manufacture, or composition of matter, or any new and useful improvement thereof. If your guides fit this description it is patentable. There are numerous resources online and patent attorneys (of varying fee structures) who may be able to review your concept in detail and make a determination of whether it pays to apply for a patent.

As your question has been answered, please click ACCEPT so that I can receive credit for the answer and you can receive credit for your question. Clicking accept does not generate additional charges but only indicates your satisfaction with my answer. We do not receive a salary; this is the only way we get paid so I respectfully XXXXX XXXXX you please click ACCEPT. Additionally, note that BONUSES and positive feedback are GREATLY appreciated. Should you need additional information or have additional questions please feel free to send me a question personally.

NOTICE: By your continuing in this conversation with me, or by your clicking “Accept”, you are expressly agreeing to all of the following: (1) We have not established an attorney-client relationship and none shall be established absent a separate agreement; (2) my communications are based upon my analysis and opinions and based upon general legal principles which may differ from the law in your jurisdiction; (3) For specific legal advise you should obtain a legal opinion and representation from an attorney in good standing licensed to practice in the jurisdiction where valid jurisdiction exists for your legal issue; (4) by communicating with me in this public forum you are irrevocably waiving any right to privacy, confidentiality and attorney-client privilege concerning the matters discussed. You further separately declare that any payment made by you is not consideration for this contract, nor offered for any services rendered by me on your behalf. If you do not agree with these terms and conditions, then you must advise me immediately.
REMINDER: As your question has been answered, please click ACCEPT so that I can receive credit for the answer and you can receive credit for your question. Clicking ACCEPT does not generate additional charges but only indicates your question was answered. We do not receive a salary; this is the only way we get paid so I respectfully XXXXX XXXXX you please click ACCEPT. Additionally, note that BONUSES and positive feedback are GREATLY appreciated. Should you need additional information or have additional questions please feel free to send me a question personally.
PLEASE HONOR THE HONOR CODE

REMINDER: As your question has been answered, I respectfully XXXXX XXXXX you click ACCEPT so that I can receive credit for the answer and you can receive credit for your question. Even if you left a deposit the only way I am credited with giving you an answer is if you press ACCEPT. We do not receive a salary; this is the only way we get paid, we do not receive a salary. You should also note that statistics are kept on accepted answers and seen by adviser, if you do not accept it might affect the likelihood of getting future questions answered.