what happens when one spouse has putt a gps tracking device…

Customer Question
what happens when one spouse...
what happens when one spouse has putt a gps tracking device on the vehicle and not yet told his attorney about it?

What are the legal ramifications?

What can a attorney do to help to after finding out about it to lessen the degree of the ramifications ?
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Legal
6/9/2010
Lawyer: D. WINOGO ESQ., Attorney replied 8 years ago
D. WINOGO ESQ.
D. WINOGO ESQ., Attorney
Has the person who placed the tracking device been charged criminally? Who owns the car?
No and
no criminal record
spouses car
If you are still married, then the car is or should be considered joint marital property. Which means that unless your spouse bought the car after you separated, you have every right to place a tracking device on your own vehicle.
D. WINOGO ESQ.
D. WINOGO ESQ., Attorney
What if filed for divorce?
Until the divorce order is issued, you are still married.
When tro is dismissed will a judge weigh in favor of the person who was charged or the one who filed for tro?
It depends what the charges were. If the spouse who filed for a TRO made such ridiculous claims that the judge dismissed the TRO, then that may be used against that spouse in the divorce proceedings. Otherwise, it just goes for or against that spouse's credibility.
D. WINOGO ESQ.
D. WINOGO ESQ., Attorney
How does a jugde see a verbal abuse in presence of children?
You can testify or submit an affidavit about the verbal abuse, and you can have the children testify about it as well.
What are the ramifications to this filing affidavit about verbal abuse? What happens to the abuser? What happens to the children? Does that impact custody issues or parenting time?