I took my truck into a dealership for service,check engine…

Customer Question
I took my truck into...
I took my truck into a dealership for service,check engine light was on and i needed the ac compressor replaced otherwise was running fine.They had it for 2 weeks as the parts where wrong for ac and some sensors needed replacing.They call me and say ac is done etc and ask if the engine ever knocked.I said no as it never has,even they said it didnt when brought it.Now they say it is and i need over haul or different engine.What responsiblity do they have?Came in running fine and now i need a new engine.Doesnt seem right.The truck is a 02 with 135,000 miles.Thanks
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Legal
6/9/2010
Lawyer: Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law replied 8 years ago
Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law

Thank you for giving me the opportunity to assist you. I encourage you to ask me for clarification, if you are not clear with my Answer.

Did they explain why their first assessment that the engine was fine no longer holds true?

No they just called and said the ac was working good and now the engine knocked and asked had it before which it never had.They said it hadnt when first brought in also and had it for a week and a half before calling and telling me this.

Thank you for the additional information.

I will opt out now and let another colleague further assist you.

Do not relist the question. I will alert a colleague.

Thank you for your patience.

.

Attorney Phillips opted out and turned my question over to someone else but havent heard back yet.
Lawyer: MShore, Attorney replied 8 years ago
MShore
MShore, Attorney
Hello, I would like to assist you further with this problem. Is your question whether you have a viable claim against the repair shop for the damage to your engine?