My husbands company stopped the 401k plan about 2 months ago.

Customer Question
We had until about 6...
My husbands company stopped the 401k plan about 2 months ago. We had until about 6 weeks ago to submit the paperwork for tax purposes. My husband still has not received his money from his 401k account and we are getting concerned. We aren't sure who to contact or if there are laws in place to stop them from keeping his money any longer. Thanks, Lauren
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Legal
6/9/2010
Lawyer: dkennedy, Lawyer (JD) replied 8 years ago
dkennedy
dkennedy, Lawyer (JD)
Chat Conversation Started
dkennedy :

Hello, Who is the plan with? Usually if the company doesn't manage the money themselves, it is with a company such as ING, AG Edwards, Principal Financial, or something like that. Do you know what financial firm this plan is with?

Customer:

It is with Hartford. I have heard that there maybe a lawsuit pending with them and we are a little concerned. Is there a law that gives them a time frame to issue a check?

Customer:

Thank you for the suggestions! I will suggest that to my husband tomorrow.

dkennedy :

You're so welcome. I hope he gets some answers.