I GAVE MY NEW CAR TO A SHIPPING COMPANY IN NEW YORK TO SHIP…

Customer Question
I GAVE MY NEW CAR...
I GAVE MY NEW CAR TO A SHIPPING COMPANY IN NEW YORK TO SHIP IT OVERSEAS. THEY TOLD ME TO DROP IT OFF IN NEW JERSEY WAREHOUSE. NOW THE WAREHOUSE SAYS THEY HAVE THE LIEN ON ALL OFF THE SHIPPERS PROPERTY INCLUDING MY CAR??? MY CAR IS NOT SHIPPED THE SHIPPER HAS NO ANSWERS , BUT OF COURSE HE CASHED THE CHECK TO!!!
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Legal
Answered in 1 minute by:
6/9/2010
Lawyer: loeblaw, Attorney replied 8 years ago
loeblaw
loeblaw, Attorney
Have you provided proof that the vehicle is not the shippers' property, but yours?
YES !!!
If they are not responding to you, hire an attorney to make a demand if that doesn't work then there will be no other option but to sue both the shipping company and the warehouse. If they receive a summons and complaint, that by itself will probably promote some action. Sorry it doesn't look like it will be any easier.

As your question has been answered, please click ACCEPT so that I can receive credit for the answer and you can receive credit for your question. Even if you left a deposit the only way I am credited with giving you an answer is if you press ACCEPT. This is the only way receive compensation. Please remember to click ACCEPT and PLEASE NOTE that BONUSES and positive feedback are GREATLY appreciated. Feel free to contact me to discuss how I can be of further assistance to you. Should you need additional information or have additional questions please feel free to send me a question personally.

NOTICE: By your continuing in this conversation with me, or by your clicking “Accept”, you are expressly agreeing to all of the following: (1) We have not established an attorney-client relationship and none shall be established absent a separate agreement; (2) my communications are based upon my analysis and opinions and based upon general legal principles which may differ from the law in your jurisdiction; (3) For specific legal advise you should obtain a legal opinion and representation from an attorney in good standing licensed to practice in the jurisdiction where valid jurisdiction exists for your legal issue; (4) by communicating with me in this public forum you are irrevocably waiving any right to privacy, confidentiality and attorney-client privilege concerning the matters discussed. You further separately declare that any payment made by you is not consideration for this contract, nor offered for any services rendered by me on your behalf. If you do not agree with these terms and conditions, then you must advise me immediately.

REMINDER: As your question has been answered, please click ACCEPT so that I can receive credit for the answer and you can receive credit for your question. Clicking accept does not generate additional charges but only indicates your satisfaction with my answer. We do not receive a salary; this is the only way we get paid so I respectfully XXXXX XXXXX you please click ACCEPT. Additionally, note that BONUSES and positive feedback are GREATLY appreciated. Should you need additional information or have additional questions please feel free to send me a question personally.
PLEASE HONOR THE HONOR CODE

REMINDER: As your question has been answered, I respectfully XXXXX XXXXX you click ACCEPT so that I can receive credit for the answer and you can receive credit for your question. Even if you left a deposit the only way I am credited with giving you an answer is if you press ACCEPT. We do not receive a salary; this is the only way we get paid, we do not receive a salary. You should also note that statistics are kept on accepted answers and seen by adviser, if you do not accept it might affect the likelihood of getting future questions answered.