I would like to start nursing school but i have a misdemeanor…

Customer Question
I would like to start...
I would like to start nursing school but i have a misdemeanor against me it happen 16 years ago (petty theft). Is there any to clean up my record if there is how?
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Legal
6/8/2010
Lawyer: Hammer O'Justice, Attorney replied 8 years ago
Hammer O'Justice
Hello.

Unfortunately, Florida does not allow expungement or set aside of convictions. The only way to remove it from your record is to apply for clemency/pardon. You can obtain the application/instructions here:

https://fpc.state.fl.us/ExecutiveClemencyForms.htm

Applications are not granted often, but it is the only way to remove it.