Hello my name is wayne. My fiancee and i live in Marietta,

Customer Question
Hello my name is XXXXX...
Hello my name is XXXXX XXXXX fiancee and i live in Marietta, GA. On friday the 28th of May our apartment was robbed. We suspect its the neighbor but have no proof. They stole a 40" HDTV sony i just purchased in december and my lab top. The apartment complex will not let us break our lease and a friend at work told me about Constitution to vacate the apartment. How do you go about doing this process?
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Legal
Answered in 1 minute by:
6/8/2010
Lawyer: Ely, Counselor at Law replied 8 years ago
Ely, Counselor at Law

My name is XXXXX XXXXX I am one of JustAnswer's attorneys. I'll be helping you resolve your matter today.

Please remember that there might be a delay between your follow up questions and my answers because I may be helping other clients or taking a break.

You may be referring to "constructive eviction" to break the lease. Constructive eviction is a term used in the law of real property to describe a circumstance in which a landlord either does something or fails to do something that he has a legal duty to provide (e.g. the landlord refuses to provide heat or water to the apartment), rendering the property uninhabitable. Your current condition MAY qualify IF the landlord has not taken proper provisions to stop trespass and crime. You can write them a letter and leave now, and use constructive eviction as a defense if they come after you and/or keep the deposit, or file for constructive eviction NOW as an offense in eviction court to break the lease.

Best of luck in your matter. I'm here if you need any more clarification or follow up information.

I hope you found my answer helpful, and if so please click on the ACCEPT button. This is the only way for me to get credit for my work - when you put in your payment information, I receive no credit for my time with you unless you press ACCEPT.

There is no fee for follow up questions should you wish to continue in this thread.

Remember, sometimes the law under which your situation falls does not give you the outcome or the choices you wanted - please understand that this is not the attorney's fault, but the way of circumstance.

There might be a delay between your follow up questions and my answers because I may be helping other clients or taking a break.

If you feel that I went an extra step to help, a bonus would be appreciated!

You can always request me for a future legal consultation through my profile at http://www.justanswer.com/profile.aspx?PF=7286322&FID=7 If you do this, make sure to begin the question with “This Question is for Eli…”