Ask a Lawyer and Get Answers to Your Legal Questions

iam being sued for slander and annoying phone ringing.Both

Customer Question
of those things my husband...
iam being sued for slander and annoying phone ringing.Both of those things my husband and a friend worked up to get me into this mess.what do i do to protect myself.
Submitted: 7 years ago.Category: Legal
Answered in 1 minute by:
6/1/2010
Lawyer: INFOLAWYER, Attorney replied 7 years ago
INFOLAWYER, Attorney
Hello and thank you for your question. You would file an answer denying the claims. Slander requires showing false statements made to another causing harm to reputation and financially. It is an expensive and time consuming lawsuit.
file an answer with whom?
You file an answer the court in which you were sued. The court should be identified in the complaint you received. A lawyer normally prepares it or the court clerk can help you do it on your own.
If the person suing me is represented by a lawyer is there any way i can find that out before we go to court? The person suing me is telling family and freinds i vandalized her car and threatened her.Not true is there anything i can do about that?
Yes, the complaint would be signed by the lawyer or if the lawyer hired later, he would file a notice of appearance in court. If you are being slandered, you could counterclaim in your answer for slander.
INFOLAWYER, Attorney