Andrea, Esq.
Andrea, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  25 yrs. experience in family law, estates, real estate, business law, criminal defense, immigration, and employment law.
20073497

Heres my situation Im in the process of filing my own cha

Customer Question

Here's my situation: I'm in the process of filing my own chapter 7 bankruptcy papers, however I hit a snag on just where exactly do I ( or not )put my student loan debt? I know that it's next to impossible to have it discharged and that's fine because I plan on continuing to make my payments, so should I even list the loans? I'm only concerned with getting my overwhelming credit card debt discharged.

Also, what exemption should I use for my AK public employee's pension ( PERS )

Thank you,

Kyle
Expert:  Andrea, Esq. replied 7 years ago.

Thank you for your question.

List the student loans along with the other debts only so that the Trustee in Bankruptcy gets a complete picture. You are right about student loans; It is next to impossible to have them discharged. A person has to be completely disabled and his or her chances for employment have to be zero and then, possibly, the loans will be discharged as a hardship.

_____________________________________________________________

Please press "ACCEPT" so that I may receive credit for assisting you

ANDREA, JD, LLM

MEMBER, NY & PA BAR

Don't forget to leave positive feedback!

Customer: replied 7 years ago.

That's what I thought, now...where exactly should I list them? In what schedule?

Thanks