How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Andrea, Esq. Your Own Question
Andrea, Esq.
Andrea, Esq., Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 12554
Experience:  25 yrs. experience in family law, estates, real estate, business law, criminal defense, immigration, and employment law.
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Andrea, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My wife filed a counterpetition against me with grounds of

Resolved Question:

My wife filed a counterpetition against me with grounds of cruelty. I have no police report against me and there is nothing is mine or my wifes medical records proving this. What steps do attourneys use to prove this? Also, I think I may have been tape recorded by my mother-in-law in my house when I had the intent of the conversation being private. Is this legal to use as evidence in the court?
Submitted: 7 years ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  Andrea, Esq. replied 7 years ago.

If there are no police reports and no doctors reports to prove there was ever any physical abuse, it is almost impossible to prove because it will be a case of her word against yours. Her lawyer may try to find eyewitnesses who saw bruises on her body or who may testify that they know you have a bad temper, or are prone to violence, but this also would need proof. Blind accusations do not sit very well with Judges.




Please press "ACCEPT" so that I may receive credit for assisting you


That is the only way I get paid.


Your question will not close when you prss "ACCEPT" and you may ask follow up questions for clarification, if you like




Don't forget to leave positive feedback!


Andrea, Esq. and 5 other Legal Specialists are ready to help you