Ask a Lawyer and Get Answers to Your Legal Questions

i filed bankruptcy in april (chapter 7) because of credit card

Customer Question
debt. My father's health has...
i filed bankruptcy in april (chapter 7) because of credit card debt. My father's health has now taken a turn for the worst. i would like to get a life estate so that his home is put in my name would the bankruptcy court have to be informed? Would they find out?
jan
Submitted: 7 years ago.Category: Legal
6/1/2010
Lawyer: Ray, Lawyer replied 7 years ago
Ray, Lawyer
Thanks for your question.You would have to report this if you are not yet discharged and creditors might try to liquidate it here.You really don't want to do this here while bankruptcy is pending here because it is subject to liquidation like any other assets.To not report it might get your filing dismissed here.He can will it to you here and that way you get it after bankruptcy discharge.
Ray, Lawyer
Ray, Lawyer